The Riley County HHW facility can accept hazardous waste from all households and farmers living in Riley County.
Hazardous wastes fall into one of four categories: flammable, corrosive, toxic or reactive.
The following are examples of the types of waste that you may bring to the HHW facility for disposal or recycling:
- Paints of all kinds including both latex and oil base
- All pesticides including herbicides and insecticides
- Lacquers, thinners, stains, paint removers and adhesives
- Used motor oil and oil filters
- Household cleaners
- Spot and stain removers
- Waxes and polishes
- All batteries including household and car batteries
- Gas, solvents and antifreeze
- Miscellaneous: roofing tar, sealers, photo chemicals, pool chemicals, mercury and smoke detectors
- Florescent bulbs