John Frank built this historic limestone house in 1868 as a boarding house, advertised as the German Boarding House. In 1875, Dr. George Hazard Perry III and his wife purchased the house. Their family occupied it for the next 63 years, until 1938. Max and Lucile Wolf acquired the house in 1941. Mrs. Wolf gave the house to the Riley County Historical Society in 1982.
The house has been restored to the period between 1883 and 1895. Spectacular Victorian wallpaper has redecorated the entry to that time.
The Wolf House Museum is currently closed for restoration. Through a generous grant from the Manhattan Fund- Caroline Peine Charitable Foundation and gifts to the Riley County Historical Society by Friends of the Wolf House, the east bedroom is being restored. Please visit when we reopen in summer or fall 2013.