Museum Board of Trustees
- Howard Erickson
- Jan Carlson
- Janet Duncan
- Jenny Danenberg
- Judy Kimball @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Kevin Larson
- Lynne Berry
- Nancy Williams
- Phillip Anderson @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Riley County Commission established the Riley County Historical Museum Board of Trustees in 1974. Resolution Number 102504-53 outlines the composition and duties of the Trustees as follows:
- The Board of Trustees of the Riley County Historical Museum shall consist of nine members, to be appointed by the Board of County Commissioners.
- The Board of County Commissioners of Riley County, Kansas, shall each year appoint three members to the Board. The current board members shall retain their positions and serve out their respective terms of office.
- Members may serve only two consecutive three-year terms before they must retire from the board for at least one year.
- The members of the Board of Trustees shall meet with the director of the Riley County Historical Museum on a quarterly basis and in special meetings as needed.
- The Board of Trustees shall conduct the search for a replacement of the director of the museum whenever the position is vacant. This search shall be done in cooperation with the Riley County Human Resources Coordinator and the Board of Directors of the Riley County Historical Society. Suitable nominee(s) for the vacant position shall be presented to the Board of County Commissioners of Riley County, Kansas, and the search shall continue until the Board of Commissioners selects a Director from the nominees.
- The Board of Trustees shall:
- Advise the Director of the Riley County Historical Museum concerning the museum building and operations, establishing short and long term goals to enable the museum to fulfill its mission.
- Serve as an advocate for the museum in the community.
- Work in partnership with the Riley County Historical Society to collect, preserve and present the history of Riley County.
- Work in cooperation with the Kansas State Historical Society and other interested groups to fulfill the museum mission.
- Support the museum by attending board meetings, activities and events.
- Assist in developing the museum financial and resource base.
- Advise the County Commission on other matters of historical significance to Riley County.