Your Military discharge record DD214 should be recorded with the Register of Deeds Office immediately upon discharge to ensure safe keeping and easy access in the future if a copy is required. There is no charge to file your DD214 nor to receive copies. To request a copy of your DD214 (pdf), please complete the form and contact the Register of Deeds office.

Open Records Act: Effective July 1, 2014, the Kansas Open Records Act exempts Military Discharge (DD214) Records. Access to such records is now restricted to the discharged individual, his/her descendants or agents.

If you have lost your DD214 and have not recorded it with the Register of Deeds Office, please visit the National Archives website to request your personal document.