IRP/CMV Vehicles

Registering and Renewing Commercial Vehicles

The Riley County Treasurer's Office can perform the following functions for customers with commercial vehicles regardless of the county where the vehicles are garaged:

  • Register new intrastate commercial fleets (CMV)
  • Renew existing intrastate commercial fleets (CMV)
  • Register new interstate commercial fleets (IRP)
  • Renew existing interstate commercial fleets (IRP)

Intrastate Commercial Vehicle Requirements (CMV)

  • The vehicle operates in the state of Kansas and is used in furtherance of commerce AND any of the requirements listed below
  • The vehicle has a gross vehicle weight rating or gross combination weight rating, or a combination of the two over 10,000 pounds
  • The vehicle is designed or used to transport more than eight passengers, including the driver for compensation
  • The vehicle is designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver, and is not used to transport passengers for compensation
  • The vehicle is of any size and is used in the transportation of hazardous materials

Interstate Commercial Vehicle Requirements (IRP)

  • Operate a commercial vehicle in two or more jurisdictions and one of the following
  • The power unit licensing weight is 26,001 pounds or higher
  • The power unit has more than two axles regardless of licensed weight
  • The power unit is used in combination and the said GVW combination is 26,001 pounds or higher
  • The power unit performs commercial intrastate movements in another jurisdiction other than Kansas, regardless of licensed weight

You must have an appointment. To book an appointment please click below: 

click here to make an appointment

Helpful Documents

Helpful Links