Wildlife and Parks Permits

Vehicle Park Permits

Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism (KDWPT) will no longer be offering the 2nd annual vehicle permit (discount). If you have more than one vehicle that needs a permit, you will have to purchase another annual or a daily vehicle permit.

The Annual Camp Fees will be increased to:  Annual Camp (April - September Fee) - $202.50


Please provide a printed photo or pencil tracing of the HIN when registering your boat (New Owner).

All boats manufactured after 1972, should have a Hull Identification Number (HIN) and this HIN will be identified during the boat registration process. The Hull Identification Number (HIN) is a 12-character number that uniquely identifies a boat and is formatted according to US Coast Guard standards.

Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) are typically located:

  • On sport and fishing boats, they can be found on the back right outside corner.
  • On pontoons, they can be found on the right side of the frame above the pontoon, but below the deck.
  • On personal watercrafts, they can be found under the seat as well as on the lip of the footrest.
  • Vessels manufactured before 1973 often do not have a HIN, so KDWPT will assign one if necessary.  

Photographs can be emailed to [email protected]

Permits & Licenses

Almost all licenses which are available from the Kansas Department of Wildlife, Parks, and Tourism can be purchased through the KDWPT Online Licensing System or at the Riley County Clerk's Office. The Clerk's office now accepts Mastercard, American Express, Discover, and Visa credit cards for Wildlife and Parks permits.

The following is a list of licenses and permits available from the Clerk's office along with links to the KDWPT website for more information on each type of license or permit.