Burn Permits

If you would like to burn outdoors in Riley County, you need a burn permit. Examples include: bonfires, pasture burns, or burning a brush pile. There is no charge for burn permits. 

Outdoor burning is not allowed within city limits. 


Please fill out a 2022 Burn Permit Application. A burn permit will be issued once the application has been processed, and can take up to two days. If you have questions, please call the Emergency Management office at (785) 537-6333.

Procedures for Controlled Burns


Sign up for Everbridge Notifications or log in to edit your preferences