Frequently Asked Questions About Coronavirus
This page is subject to change as new information becomes available. Be sure to Refresh or Reload on your browser menu to ensure you are viewing the latest version of the page.
Select a tab below to reveal information.
- How is COVID-19 treated?
- What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19 vs allergies and the flu?
- How long does the virus stay alive on different surfaces?
- What are the differences between social distancing, quarantine, and isolation?
- If someone in my household is quarantined, are we all quarantined?
- How do I care for someone who is sick?
- What is close contact?
- What is the amount of time for quarantine?
- Is there any right to appeal a county quarantine or isolation order?
- When should I call 911?
- Can I get advice online?
- How do I contact the Q&A hotline?
- How do I contact the screening hotline?
- Should I wear a mask?
- What does "public outbreak" mean?
- How do I sign up to get the vaccine?
- How will I be notified when it’s time to get the vaccine?
- What are the priority groups for Riley County?
- I have underlying health conditions, can I be vaccinated early?
- Can children be vaccinated for COVID-19?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- What should I expect when I get my vaccine and afterwards?
- How many doses are needed?
- Is the vaccine safe?
- What is a mRNA vaccine?
- What are the benefits of getting the vaccine?
- When will vaccines be available for the general public?
- Do I need to make an appointment to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Do people who get the vaccine still have to wear masks?
- Why did you say you received vaccines, but I can’t have one yet?
- Where will the shots be administered?
- How can I get tested?
- Where can I get tested?
- How will I be notified of test results?
- Do you have to have a fever to get tested?
- What testing facilities are available in Kansas?
- How long do test results take?
- Is Riley County testing for antibodies?
- What are the KDHE guidelines for testing?
- What do I do after I get tested?
- Do I have to quarantine after I get tested?
- Where can I read Local Health Order 19?
- What regulations are part of Order No. 19?
- How long will the current health order be in effect?
- Do drive-through restaurants have to close at midnight?
- Why do bars and restaurants have additional requirements?
- What is the guidance for events and gatherings during Order 19?
- Do religions services need a gathering permit?
- Can events be held in stadiums or other large venues?
- Can I order at a bar/counter?
- Are buffet restaurants allowed?
- Where and how can we get masks/PPE?
- Are self-service drinks and buffets allowed?
- "Shielding between customers and employees at registers." Does that mean a physical barrier?
- Can churches reopen to hold services for full congregations?
- What are the guidelines for baseball/softball/t-ball games?
- Where can I find information if my business is in Pottawatomie County?
- Are wedding receptions allowed?
- Can more than 50 people be in a building?
- Are playgrounds open?
- Are salon employees and customers required to wear masks?
- Do businesses still need to limit the number of customers in their shops at one time?
- Where can I find guidance for reopening?