Frequently Asked Questions About Coronavirus
This page is subject to change as new information becomes available. Be sure to Refresh or Reload on your browser menu to ensure you are viewing the latest version of the page.
Select a tab below to reveal information.
- How is COVID-19 treated?
- What are the symptoms of Coronavirus?
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19 vs allergies and the flu?
- How long does the virus stay alive on different surfaces?
- What are the differences between social distancing, quarantine, and isolation?
- If someone in my household is quarantined, are we all quarantined?
- How do I care for someone who is sick?
- What is close contact?
- What is the amount of time for quarantine?
- Is there any right to appeal a county quarantine or isolation order?
- When should I call 911?
- Can I get advice online?
- How do I contact the Q&A hotline?
- How do I contact the screening hotline?
- Should I wear a mask?
- What does "public outbreak" mean?
- How do I sign up to get the vaccine?
- How will I be notified when it’s time to get the vaccine?
- What are the priority groups for Riley County?
- I have underlying health conditions, can I be vaccinated early?
- Can children be vaccinated for COVID-19?
- How many doses are needed?
- How do I get scheduled for my second dose/ "booster"?
- What are the side effects of the vaccine?
- Is the vaccine safe?
- What are the benefits of getting the vaccine?
- When will vaccines be available for the general public?
- Do I need to make an appointment to get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- Where will the shots be administered?
- I don't have a car, how can I get to the vaccine clinic?
- Do people who get the vaccine still have to wear masks?
- Why did you say you received vaccines, but I can’t have one yet?
- What are the differences between the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?
- How can I get tested?
- Where can I get tested?
- How will I be notified of test results?
- Do you have to have a fever to get tested?
- What testing facilities are available in Kansas?
- How long do test results take?
- Is Riley County testing for antibodies?
- What are the KDHE guidelines for testing?
- What do I do after I get tested?
- Do I have to quarantine after I get tested?