Apply for a Childcare License

two little girls

Prospective providers must:

  • Have a high School Diploma or GED 
  • Attend New Provider Orientation

Child Care Orientation

Orientation is required for all prospective child care providers. 

Orientation discusses all information pertinent for obtaining a license, including training requirements, licensing requirements, etc. It is also a time for prospective providers to bring questions or concerns for discussion. 

Please pre-register for orientation by calling (785) 776-4779 Ext. 7662. Leave your name, phone number and what county the child care will be provided in if leaving a voicemail.

The orientation fee is $15.  The $15 fee will be applied to your initial survey fee if you apply for a license.  Once you are registered and have paid the fee, you will receive the link and packet to participate in the online training.

Please view the link for Initial Professional Development Training Requirements for prospective providers.

Click on the links below for more information regarding child care licensing, classes, and resources for child care providers and parents.

For questions or information regarding child care licensing in Riley, Geary, Clay, Dickinson, and Pottawatomie County or to report a concern regarding illegal child care or a licensed child care facility, please contact your local Child Care Licensing Surveyor:

  • Riley County, Angie Hobbs, 785-776-4779 Ext 7656 or by email
  • Dickinson and Geary County,  Julia Minnich, 785-776-4779 Ext 7678 or by email
  • Clay and Pottawatomie County, Anna Isern, 785-776-4779 Ext 7652 or by email