- Health Department
- Child Care Licensing
- Apply for a Childcare License
Apply for a Childcare License
Prospective providers must:
- Have a high School Diploma or GED
- Attend New Provider Orientation
Child Care Orientation
Orientation is required for all prospective child care providers.
Orientation discusses all information pertinent for obtaining a license, including training requirements, licensing requirements, etc. It is also a time for prospective providers to bring questions or concerns for discussion.
Please pre-register for orientation by calling (785) 776-4779 Ext. 7662. Leave your name, phone number and what county the child care will be provided in if leaving a voicemail.
The orientation fee is $15. The $15 fee will be applied to your initial survey fee if you apply for a license. Once you are registered and have paid the fee, you will receive the link and packet to participate in the online training.
Please view the link for Initial Professional Development Training Requirements for prospective providers.
Click on the links below for more information regarding child care licensing, classes, and resources for child care providers and parents.
- Initial Professional Development Training Requirements (pdf)
- Professional Development and Class Calendar
- KDHE Child Care Licensing
- Child Care Availability
- Selecting Child Care (pdf)
- Child Care Concern
- Search for Child Care Facility Compliance Information
- How to Open a Licensed Child Care Facility
For questions or information regarding child care licensing in Riley, Geary, Clay, Dickinson, and Pottawatomie County or to report a concern regarding illegal child care or a licensed child care facility, please contact your local Child Care Licensing Surveyor: