Public Notices / Road Construction
Current Road Construction Projects
Fancy Creek Rd. Bridge Replacement Project No. K.0-6.2
- Consultant: Schwab Eaton
- Timeline: 90 working days, December 4, 2023 - April 8, 2024 weather permitting
- Location: Fancy Creek Road, 1 mile west of HWY 77, approximately 0.6 miles south of Winkler Mills Road
- Traffic Impacts: Fancy Creek Road will be closed to through traffic during construction. Traffic control will be installed at the intersections of North Otter Branch Rd and Fancy Creek Rd, and Fancy Branch Rd and Fancy Creek Rd.
Flat Rock Road Culvert Replacement Project No. O.3-1.3
- Consultant: SMH Consultants
- Timeline: 80 working days, September 25, 2023 - January 12, 2024 weather permitting
- Location: Flat Rock Road, approximately 3.5 miles East of Hwy. 77 between Toburen Road and Swede Creek Road
- Traffic Impacts: Flat Rock Road will be closed to through traffic during construction. Traffic Control will be installed at the intersections to direct traffic.
KDOT - Replacing U.S. 77 bridge
- Timeline: A Kansas Department of Transportation project to replace the Mill Creek bridge on U.S. 77 is expected to begin on Monday, October 16, 2023 - April 2024 weather permitting
- Work will occur Monday through Friday during daylight hours
- Location: Approximately 8 miles south of Randolph in Riley County
- Traffic Impacts: Initial work will consist of constructing a shoofly detour to carry traffic around the existing bridge. Traffic impacts should be minimal; however, speed will be reduced to 50 mph through the work zone for the duration of the project.
- The shoofly is expected to be complete by early December. Traffic will then be shifted to the detour while demolition and reconstruction take place.
- KDOT urges all motorists to be alert and obey the warning signs when approaching and driving through a highway work zone. To stay aware of highway construction projects across Kansas, go to www.kandrive.org or call 5-1-1.
- Contractor: King Construction, of Hesston, is the prime contractor on the $2.24 million project.
Future Construction Projects
Parallel Rd. Box Culvert Replacement Project No. C.7-0.0
- Consultant - Schwab Eaton
- Under design
Winkler Mills Rd. Bridge Replacement Project No. H.0-5.9
- Consultant - Bartlett & West
- Under design