Meet our Judges
John F Bosch
Judge Bosch practiced law for over 30 years before his appointment as a District Judge in 2012. Judge Bosch is a 1978 graduate of Kansas State University, with a degree in Political Science, and a 1981 graduate of the University of Kansas School of Law. He practiced law in Olathe, Kansas from 1981 to 1983 and in Clay Center, Kansas from 1983 until appointed to the bench in 2012. Judge Bosch served as Clay County Attorney from 1983 to 1991. Judge Bosch is married, has three children, and resides in Clay Center.
Kendra S Lewison
Judge Lewison practiced law for 24 years prior to her appointment as District Judge in 2019. She is a 1992 graduate of Kansas State University and a 1995 graduate of the University of Kansas School of Law. She practiced in the Kansas City area until 2009 when she moved back to Manhattan, and was working as an Assistant Riley County Attorney from 2010 until her appointment to the bench. She has served on the boards of several community organizations. Judge Lewison is married and has two children.
Grant D Bannister
- Juris Doctorate University of Kansas Law School.
- Graduate of the National Judicial College.
- Graduate of the National Center for State Courts Judicial Branch Leadership Academy.
- Presenter of various continuing legal/judicial education programs.
- Partner in private law firm covering civil, domestic and criminal defense law in Manhattan, Kansas.
- Admitted to practice law State Courts of Kansas.
- Admitted to practice law in the U.S. Supreme Court and Federal Courts within Kansas.
- District Court Judge in 2016.
- Chief Judge of the 21st Judicial District in 2019.
- Special Appointment as member of the Kansas Supreme Court in case of Building Erection Services v. Walton Construction Co. Inc., No. 117, 839.
- Supreme Court appointed as Chairperson of Statewide Records Committee.
- Supreme Court appointed as Committee Member of weighted caseload study.
- As Chief Judge, 21st judicial district first adopters of Odyssey case management;
- As Chief Judge, 21st judicial district first adopters of PFA/PFS portal.
- Trustee Riley County Law Library.
- Executive Board Kansas District Judges Association.
Activities prior to judiciary:
- Adjunct faculty at Kansas State University teaching business ethics.
- Graduate of Leadership Kansas 2010 ("best class ever")
- Graduate of Flint Hills Leadership Program
- Manhattan Citizens Academy
- Executive Board Chair of Habitat for Humanity
- Executive Board Chair of Boy Scouts Konza District
- Executive Board of Boy Scouts Coronado Council
- Executive Board of Hospice Foundation
- Trustee of Greater Manhattan Community Foundation
- Executive Board of Solar Kiwanis
- United Way Allocations Committee
- President of Riley County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association.
- Agriculture Law Section Officer
- Member of State disciplinary complaints investigations
- Coaching numerous youth teams and activities
- Competing in marathons, half marathons and road races
- Track competitions: National Senior Olympics; Sunflower State; USATF
- United Methodist Church - Numerous laity positions
- Truman Scholar National Finalist
- University Rhodes Scholar Nominee
- University Outstanding Graduate
Jeremy M. Larchick
Jeremy Larchick is a graduate of Tulane University Law School. He is a retired Army veteran and currently resides in Manhattan. He and his wife Gretchen have been married for twenty years and have four children.