Except for agriculture uses, which are exempt from the provisions of the Riley County Land Development Regulations, it is unlawful to use any land or building for any purpose that is not permitted within the zoning district in which it is located.

Each zoning district has a list of permitted uses and conditional uses. If the zoning of your property does not permit a certain use, you will need to apply for rezoning of the property. The Guide to Rezoning (pdf) explains the process of rezoning.