- County Commissioners
- Advisory Council/Boards
- Riley County Planning Bd/Bd of Zoning Appeals
Riley County Planning Board/Board of Zoning Appeals
The Riley County Planning Board/Board of Zoning Appeals meets on the second Monday of each month. Meetings are held at 7:30 p.m. in the Commission Meeting Room, 1st Floor, Courthouse Plaza East, 115 North 4th Street. For more details, view the Riley County Planning Board/Board of Zoning Appeals Public Meeting and Application Schedule (pdf) and Rules for Public Comment Sessions.
Meeting Live Stream
|John Wienck, Chair||December 31, 2023|
|Joe Gelroth, Vice Chair||December 31, 2024|
|Diane Hoobler||December 31, 2025|
|Nathan Larson||December 31, 2023|
|Rita Cassida||December 31, 2024|
On February 18, 2010, the BOCC adopted Resolution No. 021810-12 designating the Riley County Planning Board as the Riley County Board of Zoning Appeals for Riley County, KS and dissolving the existing Riley County Board of Zoning Appeals.
Purpose - Riley County Planning Board
The Riley County Planning Board (RCPB) was established by the Riley County Board of Commissioners (BOCC) in 1949. The RCPB consists of five members, appointed by the BOCC, with staggered three-year terms and is responsible for:
- Overseeing the preparation of the comprehensive plan for growth and development of Riley County;
- Adoption of, annual review of and amendments to the comprehensive plan;
- Implementation of the comprehensive plan through the adoption of appropriate land development regulations;
- Conducting public hearings on rezoning, platting, and changes to the regulations and providing recommendations to the BOCC on various land development regulation matters.
Purpose - Board of Zoning Appeals
The Board of Zoning Appeals was established by the County Commission on September 15, 1965 as a board of not less than 3 members and not more than 7 members.
This Board considers applications for variances and conditional uses. They also hear appeals from administrative decisions and actions taken by the Planning Staff.