The Riley County Land Development Regulations require that before subdividing land into lots and blocks, tracts and/or parcels for the purpose of laying out any subdivision, suburban lots, building lots, tracts or parcels, you must apply for platting and possible rezoning of the property. The Guide to Subdividing Property explains the platting process.