Advisory Boards

Advisory council/boards are in place to keep the Board of County Commissioners informed on various issues that affect the community. For information on the following advisory council/boards, please view them individually.

Joining an Advisory Council/Board

If you would like to join one of the advisory council/boards, fill out the advisory council/board application.


For more information, please contact the County Clerk.

Advisory Council/Boards & Committees

Positions Currently Open

Riley County has volunteer positions opening on the following Advisory Council/ Boards:

  • Fair Board
  • Hunters Island Water District
  • Museum Board of Trustees
  • North Central Flint Hills Area Agency on Aging Board
  • Riley County Council on Aging Board
  • Riley County Planning Board\Board of Zoning Appeals
  • Riley County Public Health Advisory Council
  • Riley County Park Advisory Board
  • Road & Bridge Advisory Board
  • Rural Economic Development
  • Solid Waste Management Committee