9/20/2023 Public Works Project Update
This update is intended to clear up any confusion caused by inaccurate information published in a local newspaper on September 18. The correct information is below and was published on the Riley County website, shared at the Board of County Commissioners meeting, and a public notice was sent to local media.
Culvert Replacement on Flat Rock Road
- Timeline: September 25, 2023 – mid-January 2024
- Location: Flat Rock Road, 3.5 miles east of HWY 77, between Toburen Road and Swede Creek Road in northern Riley County.
- Description: Culvert replacement. Culverts are large pipes or conduits that allow water to pass from one side of a roadway to another without disrupting traffic; therefore, culverts serve the dual purposes of functioning as hydraulic structures as well as acting as traffic load bearing structures.
- Traffic impact: Flat Rock Road will be closed to through traffic during construction. Traffic control will be installed at the intersections.
Structure Replacement on Homestead Road
- Timeline: Monday, September 25 – Friday, September 29 (weather permitting)
- Location: Homestead Road, about 115 feet west of Falcon Road
- Description: replacement of concrete structure
- Traffic Impact: The section of Homestead Road between Crooked Creek Road and Falcon Road will be closed to through traffic during construction.
We wanted to provide clarity in case you read the misprint. If you have questions concerning these projects, contact the Riley County Public Works Department, at 6215 Tuttle Creek Blvd., Manhattan, Kansas or call 537-6330.