What do I do if I did not receive a renewal for a driver's license and it is time for me to renew?

Please bring your current driver's license and a proof of address to the Treasurer's Office for renewal. 

Acceptable forms of proof of address: 

These documents establish your Kansas residency and residential address. You must present a document that shows your current name and Kansas residential ad- dress. A P.O. Box will not be accepted as proof or resident address.

If a minor child does not have a proof of address included in this list their parent, step-parent or legal guardian can complete a Certification of Address by providing two proofs of address along with identification.

  • Kansas DL or ID renewal postcard
  • Current Kansas vehicle registration or title
  • Utility bill or equivalent no more than two months old
  • Financial institution such as a bank statement, deed or mortgage
  • Rent or lease agreement
  • Kansas Voter Registration Card
  • Current auto, life or homeowners insurance bill with applicant’s name and address
  • Current educational transcript/school grade card
  • Current professional license by a U.S. agency
  • Current W-2 or 1099
  • Mail from a federal, state, county or city agency
  • Department of Corrections Certificate of Identification

Show All Answers

1. What drivers' license/ ID card services can I receive at the Treasurer's Office?
2. What are the hours for getting a driver's license?
3. What do I do if I did not receive a renewal for a driver's license and it is time for me to renew?
4. Can I renew my driver's license in the Treasurer's Office if it has expired?
5. Can I get a driver's license from your office if I have never had a license before?
6. How can I renew my license if I am in the military and not stationed in the U.S.?
7. Where do I call if my driver's license has been suspended?
8. Where do I call if I have a vision or medical question regarding my driver's license?