What happens if the Defendant fails to pay restitution?

If the Defendant fails to pay restitution, or violates other conditions of his probation, this office will file a Motion to Revoke Probation and have the case brought back before the court. The judge will hear the violations and decide what, if any, action is appropriate.

Show All Answers

1. I gave all of the information about my damages to the police, why do I have to do it again?
2. The Judge ordered restitution, but when will I be paid?
3. What happens if the Defendant fails to pay restitution?
4. I feel I have a substance abuse problem and would like to get help but fear criminal charges, what can I do?
5. I think my neighbor is distributing drugs as I have seen an excessive amount of traffic that remains for short durations, can I help to combat this problem?
6. How do I reach the Crisis Center for assistance?
7. If I get a Protection From Abuse Order against someone, what happens if he/she violates that order?
8. What do I do if an ex-spouse or ex-significant other threatens me?
9. The police recovered my property, when will it be returned?
10. Will I be paid for my stolen/damaged property?