What is the process for sub-dividing land?

The requirements and procedures for selling a portion of an existing parcel are outlined in the Manhattan Urban Area Subdivision Regulations and the Riley County Subdivision Regulations. These separate regulations apply in different portions of the unincorporated areas of the County. Contact the Planning and Development at (785) 537-6332 for more detailed information regarding this process.

Show All Answers

1. If I want to make a complaint against someone regarding a possible zoning violation, can I remain anonymous?
2. Can I have an apartment in my garage or guest house on my property?
3. What is a PUD?
4. What is the process for sub-dividing land?
5. I have 60-acres and I would like to sell 30-acres of my land. Do I need to plat the property?
6. I received a notice of public hearing in the mail. What exactly does it mean?
7. I would like to put up a sign advertising my business. Do I need a sign permit?