How do I obtain a marriage license?

To obtain a Kansas Marriage License for individuals who are 18 years of age or older, either the bride or the groom must appear in the District Court Clerk's office (100 Courthouse Plaza) to apply. On the application you will need to know the following information for both bride and groom: 1) full name (first, middle and last) 2) date of birth 3) either a social security or driver's license number. Applying for a marriage licence begins a three day waiting period. At the end of the three days or anytime thereafter up to one year you may return to pick up your license. At the time you pick up your license there is a $85.50 fee to be paid in cash. The license is issued and you may have your ceremony performed anywhere within the State of Kansas, for a period of six months.

Courthouse Plaza Map...

Show All Answers

1. How can I inquire about my child support?
2. How can I obtain a copy of my marriage license?
3. How do I file a small claims petition?
4. How do I obtain a marriage license?
5. How do I obtain a protection from abuse order?
6. How do I obtain a protection from stalking order?
7. I need to obtain information on a court case. How can I receive that information?