Will I be paid for my stolen/damaged property?

If the defendant is convicted, it is the policy of this office to request restitution on behalf of the victim for any stolen or damaged property. However, it is the responsibility of the victim to provide the information and supporting documentation. You can do this by completing the Victim Impact Statement in its entirety and including copies of receipts, estimates, and insurance information. 

Show All Answers

1. I gave all of the information about my damages to the police, why do I have to do it again?
2. The Judge ordered restitution, but when will I be paid?
3. What happens if the Defendant fails to pay restitution?
4. I feel I have a substance abuse problem and would like to get help but fear criminal charges, what can I do?
5. I think my neighbor is distributing drugs as I have seen an excessive amount of traffic that remains for short durations, can I help to combat this problem?
6. How do I reach the Crisis Center for assistance?
7. If I get a Protection From Abuse Order against someone, what happens if he/she violates that order?
8. What do I do if an ex-spouse or ex-significant other threatens me?
9. The police recovered my property, when will it be returned?
10. Will I be paid for my stolen/damaged property?