How much will it cost to register my vehicle?

Title Fees $10.00

Transfer Fees $10.50


Autos less than 4500 pounds  $39.00

Autos over 4500 pounds  $49.00

12M Trucks $49.00

Motorcycles $25.00

Motorbikes $20.00


2000 - 8000 pounds $35.00

8001 - 12000 pounds $45.00

12001 pounds and over $55.00

a. If the weight of the trailer and the load combined is less than 2,000 pounds, registration is optional. Our office recommends tagging and titling on initial purchase for proof of ownership. If a farm trailer hauling the farmer's own product has a load of less than 6,000 pounds, registration is optional. For fees on trucks with gross weight of over 16,000 pounds, call the County Treasurer's Office at 785-537-6320.

b. Property tax is paid at the time of registration/title application and is determined in the County Treasurer's Office. The exceptions are heavy trucks, trailers, and mopeds, whose taxes are determined by the County Appraiser's Office.

c. Reflectorized plate fee is $0.50.

d. Sales tax will be collected in the tag office if the vehicle is bought from an individual, purchased out of state or the sales tax paid to a dealer was less than the sales tax rate where the vehicle will be registered. e. The fee to transfer a tag is $20.50 plus the difference in the property tax.

f. Lien holder fee is $1.50.

Vehicle Property Tax and Fee Estimator

Show All Answers

1. What are your office hours?
2. Where are you located?
3. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
4. How can I pay for my tags?
5. Do my tags expire on the first day or the last day of the month?
6. What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
7. How can I renew my tags if I didn't get a renewal notice in the mail?
8. I'm moving to Kansas from another state; how do I register my vehicle?
9. Where can I get my vehicle inspected, and during what hours?
10. Why aren't my tags good for a full year?
11. Do I have to register my vehicle if I am going to sell it?
12. I own businesses in several counties in Kansas. Where do I register my vehicle?
13. Can I get an extension on my sixty-day permit?
14. My tag was stolen. What do I do?
15. How do I get a personalized tag?
16. Do I have to get a Kansas driver's license if I have Kansas plates?
17. What will happen if I have delinquent taxes?
18. Where can I get a power of attorney / lienholder consent / bill of sale, etc.?
19. Can I get a refund if I move out of Kansas?
20. How can I get a refund if I sell my car and what forms will I need?
21. I am in the military. Am I exempt from personal property taxes?
22. I am in the military but a Kansas resident. Do I pay taxes on my vehicle?
23. I am active duty military, but the vehicle is in my spouse's name. Do I have to pay taxes of the vehicle.
24. Why do I pay taxes on my leased vehicle when I'm in the military?
25. What do I need to know about transferring a tag from one vehicle to another?
26. Where can I go to renew my disabled placard? Where do I mail it?
27. My doctor says I'm permanently disabled. Why do I have to re-certify for disabled privileges?
28. What is the Kansas State Parks Passport?