How can I pay for my tags?

Renewal Options:

1. In-person

Acceptable forms of payment are cash, check, credit card, money order, and cashier's check. There is a 2.50% convenience fee if using a debit or credit card.

If you are registering your car for the first time, you must do so in person. However, if you are renewing your car registration you can pay online.

 Please make an appointment by clicking the button below: 

click here to make an appointment

2. Online at

    1. Pin number located on the renewal notice
      1. To Reprint your renewal notice
    2. Convenience Fee applied
      1. $2.00 for e-Check /per vehicle plus $1.00 Fee
      2. 2.5% of the amount charged plus $2.00 Fee
    3. You can use this for current or past due renewals
    4. You may drive up to 10 days with the receipt as you wait for the registration and decals to be mailed to you

3. By Mail

    1. Mail to Riley County Treasurer, 110 Courthouse Plaza, Manhattan, KS 66502
    2. Include renewal notice, proof of insurance, and payment
    3. Military personnel be sure to include the following:
      1.  Military Affidavit (
      2. Current full month LES
      3. Current orders, ERB or ORB

4. Place in the drop box located at 110 Courthouse Plaza

                 1. Include renewal notice. proof of insurance and payment 

                  2. Military personnel be sure to include the following:

                          1.Military Affidavit (

                           2. Current full month LES

                           3. Current orders, ERB or ORB

Show All Answers

1. What are your office hours?
2. Where are you located?
3. How much will it cost to register my vehicle?
4. How can I pay for my tags?
5. Do my tags expire on the first day or the last day of the month?
6. What papers will I need to title a newly-purchased vehicle?
7. How can I renew my tags if I didn't get a renewal notice in the mail?
8. I'm moving to Kansas from another state; how do I register my vehicle?
9. Where can I get my vehicle inspected, and during what hours?
10. Why aren't my tags good for a full year?
11. Do I have to register my vehicle if I am going to sell it?
12. I own businesses in several counties in Kansas. Where do I register my vehicle?
13. Can I get an extension on my sixty-day permit?
14. My tag was stolen. What do I do?
15. How do I get a personalized tag?
16. Do I have to get a Kansas driver's license if I have Kansas plates?
17. What will happen if I have delinquent taxes?
18. Where can I get a power of attorney / lienholder consent / bill of sale, etc.?
19. Can I get a refund if I move out of Kansas?
20. How can I get a refund if I sell my car and what forms will I need?
21. I am in the military. Am I exempt from personal property taxes?
22. I am in the military but a Kansas resident. Do I pay taxes on my vehicle?
23. I am active duty military, but the vehicle is in my spouse's name. Do I have to pay taxes of the vehicle.
24. Why do I pay taxes on my leased vehicle when I'm in the military?
25. What do I need to know about transferring a tag from one vehicle to another?
26. What is the Kansas State Parks Passport?
27. How can I renew my disabled placard?